June 22nd is United Way Day of Action! In these uncertain times, people are looking for a way to connect – while remaining safe. For this year’s Day of Action, show people how they can take action while staying at home or participating in a safe, small group, or individual in-person activities.
Below are some ways you can take action in York County not just June 22, but anytime!
- Thank a Frontline Worker
- Donate to Pilgrim’s Inn Food Drive
- Give to H.O.P.E’s School Drive
- Donate blood to the American Red Cross
- Solo roadside clean-up in your neighborhood
- Make cloth masks
- Complete yardwork for you neighbor
- Purchase a gift card and pass it on
- Write cards for nursing home patients
- Write inspirational messages on the sidewalk
- Answer career questions from students at CareerVillage.org
- Tutor low-income students through UPchieve.com
Share what you’re doing on Day of Action 2020 on social media with the hashtag #UWDayofAction.